Monday 13 June 2016

Essence liquid lipstick review

Hello guys!
 
I know I've been a stranger but I swear I have good reasons.
 
Last week I got an email from an old friend of mine who asked which lipstick and lip gloss brand she can use for winter, because she absolutely cannot go without gloss, but she loves colour too.
This reminded me of the Essence Liquid lipstick that I had borrowed from my sisters makeup bag that got me a lot of compliments one day at work. Since I had only tried one I decided to buy a few just to have a fair experience of the variety of colours.
 
 
Selected colours and codes: 



 
(from right to left of above picture)


Colour party 01
A popping light pink that is very playful.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Beauty secret 02
A very pretty nude. perfect for a natural look.
 









Show off 04

A bright orange tone. Very summery.








Make a statement 06
My absolute favorite in the range. A dark mauve, an all season color really
















I'm not into roses 02
An intense maroon colour. very sophisticated and gorgeous for winter.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Just to eliminate confusion on coding, the first four colours come from the standard 6 colour range, and the I'm not into roses is from the limited edition Valentines collection.
 
Packaging:
The lipstick is packed in the cutest little transparent plastic container. It shows off a duo-characteristic where it looks like a lipstick but applies like a lipgloss. Its has a spongy tip stick applicator that requires a twist mechanism to open. I absolutely love the creativity and simplicity to the packaging. I love the applicator because it is practical, ensures precision on application and you can control the amount of product you pick up. The base of the applicator has the same colour as the lipstick and it has printed on it the Essence logo.
 
Texture:
It has a very thick texture where when you pull out the applicator the product doesn't drip. It applies very smoothly onto the lips and can spread quite a lot. It does feel a bit tacky on the lips.



















 
Finish:
It has a glassy gloss finish that has amazing pigment. The clouds are very pretty, and do not need a lot of buildup to show. It doesn't bleed or feather, but you may need to prep/peel your like before application because it will show your cracked lips as though you have scales girl!
I have to add that it transfers a lot. You may want to make sure you keep your hair, hands, glasses, clothes basically everything away from your lips while wearing this range.
 
Scent:
These smell quiet pleasant and have a sweetish taste too (which also may contribute to it fading away fast). What I like is that the scent is very mild and not overwhelming.
 
Price:
This falls under my cheap and amazingly affordable category. In fact Essense as a brand, I must say after my first encounter with the them (which was with their nail polishes) I just love how innovative they are and keep up with trends yet very affordable at the same time.
These cost around R60 in South Africa and are available in leading Pharmacies/drugstores.
 
Pro's on the product:
  • Amazing colour (gives Mac's Lipglass a run for it's money).
  • Doesn't bleed or feather.
  • Very very affordable.
  • Beautiful trendy colours.
  • Can last a few hours (provided you avoid touching your lips).
 
Con's on the product:
  • Doesn't last long.
  • Transfers too much.
  • Though the applicator is great, the tube design makes the product had to reach when running out which mean product gets wasted.
  • Can get a little tacky.
 
Swatches:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment