Tuesday 26 April 2016

Revlon colorburst matte balm review

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love lip stick. I believe there is a lipstick for every mood! Lipstick makes a statement, there is so much you can say about a woman by just looking at her lipstick. And what is a beautiful outfit without the right lipstick, HUH???
 
OK, I'll stop!

 
Today I got a chance to review Revlon's colourburst matte balm in 4 shades. The range comes in 10 shades I believe, so I just bought the ones that were striking to me. The shades are in the following names & codes:
 
~Sulty 225
~Unapologetic 210
~Audacious 245
~Elusive 205
 
 
Packaging:
It is packaged  like most chubby lipsticks with a roll up mechanism. The base which you twist to bring the product up or down is silver. The container is also matte which helps identify it from the shinier lip stain range. My favourite part is that the packaging is the same color as the product so you won't be confused or too worried when you don't find a tester. All in all it is a cute little thing that doesn't waste product and needs no sharpening.
 
Texture:
The lip balm has a creamy texture that gives a tingly peppermint feel to the lips on application. It is moisturising and does not give off that 'clay dehydrated' type of matte. You can feel its protective properties and the triple sheer butter formula.
 
Pigment:
For the moisture in it, I have to say the pigment on this baby took me surprise. On the very first stroke I was happy. (I just love me a bold color that ain't shy). If you love full HD colour that is bold, you will love this.
 
Finish:
It is not the 'mattiest' lip colour you will ever find, I would say it is more velvety than matte. But more matte than a moisture lipstick, you get what I'm trying to say???
OK, let me just say it qualifies as matte so you can pick this beauty if you looking for a matte lipstick.
I have to add, it does require lip prep like most matte lip products because it does show cracks, peels and those lies on your lips that look like lip ageing.
 
Look of the colours:
 NB, I did not prep my lips and this is on natural lighting
 
~Sulty 225
No doubt that this is the star of the show and my personal favorite too. It has a brownish yet almost mauve or berry finish. This colour is great for everyday use for all skin tones, and looks wonderful with gloss if u looking to glam it up. Perfect colour for autumn and winter.
 
~Unapologetic 210
I also absolutely love the boldness here! It is a fierce almost cerise pink. Definitely a statement colour. Its all season really, playful and bright enough for the summer, yet pretty and can add that colour pop for winter.
 
~Audacious 245
A pretty loud orange colour and so spring and summer though u could play around with it. It reminds me of bikinis and colorful drinks. Very 'delicious'!
 
 

~Elusive 205
This is a milky almost pale pink. Also very playful. The kind of colour you look good blowing bubble gum bubbles in. With the right blush, can be very lady ad sophisticated. More of a summer clolour  as well.
 

 
The price:
This range is quite affordable compared to its competitors and costs between R145.00- R155.00
in South Africa. And it is available in most major beauty retailers.
 
Final comments:
I have to give it to Revlon guys, a lot of boxes were ticked with this range. The colours are gorgeous, they don't dry out the lips, they are highly pigmented (you see bold colour in the first stroke), and I love the tingly peppermint scent. It is more than a lip colour, it soothes the lips and therefore does qualify as a balm.
 
The lip balm has shea, mango and coconut butters so you don't have to worry about your lips cracking or a stain left after you remove it. It also doesn't bleed or feather which is amazing for a creamy and buttery textured lip colour, however it does transfer when u eat or drink water.
You will love this range when you looking for a matte lip color in winter. You get the look and the moisture!
 
Keep it beautiful! XOXOXO

4 comments:

  1. girl.. I don't know how you did it but I have the "Sultry 225" and It dries my lips like no body's business. A few minutes after application, it feels smooth, moist and the peppermint adds freshness BUT I often find myself having to lick it off just so I can feel some moisture on my lips.. Any tips??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leo, thank you for visiting my blog. Yes actually you can do something to avoid the drying... you can 'prep your lips' as mentioned in the article. You can do this by applying a lip primer (my all time favorite is the one from MAC, though it is a bit pricey). My cheap alternative is the Labello lip balm for men, wish won't affect the matte of your matte balm as much as the glossy balms for woman. but if you want to invest in your lips and a have a primer that doesn't bleed off your lips, MAC honey. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Thanks girl! Its definitely on my "to buy" list.

    ReplyDelete