Tuesday 19 January 2016

GOLD PLATED FACE $$$



 Gold  has been a symbol of glamour and opulence since forever! Without gold history would be boring really. Imagine the stories of Cleopatra, pirate ships, the Bible, kingdoms and warships without gold. Gold does not only glitter, but it symbolises power as well.

 

Now imagine having all of that power on your face!




Gold (Au) in its purest form is a yellowish precious metal used in jewelry, decorations and to guarantee the value of currencies.  Besides the glits and glam, gold is said to have both healing properties and beauty benefits and is today used as part of many beauty rituals when mixed with all the right stuff. Apparently even Cleopatra used gold as part of her face mask beauty routine.



Beauty benefits of Gold:

1. Wrinkles, Fine Lines, Spots Can Be Reduced.
2. Stimulates The Skin Cells for improved blood circulation and healthy skin.
3. Premature Ageing Of The Skin Can Be Prevented.
4. Gold Can Lighten The Complexion.
5. Collagen Depletion Is Slowed Down.
6. Sun Damage Can Be Treated.
7. Allergies Can Be Treated.
8. Inflammation Can Be Treated.
9. Elasticity Of The Skin Can Be Increased.
10. Glowing Skin.


One of the most popular luxurious treatments for anti-ageing is the 24-carat Gold Facial(with actual 24carat gold foil or particles in the product). This is apparently a powerful anti-ageing treatment with revitalising and rejuvenating effects. Gold is said to be one of the softest metals and is easily absorbed by the skin, helping it reduce wrinkles and fine lines. A combination of collagen, plant extract, 24k gold powder that melts into the skin to leave it with new found radiance, intensely hydrate, richly smooth and silky skin.

How much will this baby cost you? Depending on the type of mask, it can cost anything between $400- $1000 per 90min session (Around R5k- R17k).

I recall being stung by a bee when I was about 9 years old and my mom's Indian friend advise that I use my moms gold ring over the sting. The swelling did go down so I would say it does help with allergies and perhaps inflammation that comes with having break outs?!
I'm not sure how I feel about the other benefits they say it has though. I mean honestly. I feel this is just a test to show how much Hollywood kids are willing to pay for beauty.
I believe in the good old stuff that we know such as collagen, herbal extracts, vitamin e, essential oils etc...  Perhaps that is why the Gold facial is used in conjunction with these "oldies but goldies". 

I do believe in the power of the mind and I do believe in palliative treatment and that it is possible to believe in something so much that it actually works. I mean, who is the person that decided, 'i'm gonna take a handful of clay and I'm gonna paste it on my face and be gorgeous after?' Ok that was a joke, trial and error, if they didn't experiment with their faces, how else would we have known? so thank you to the brave faces!

If you are willing to give it a try (I'm still saving up),  here are some products that contain gold.
Please beware of imitations.


Peter Thomas goes for about 55 pounds for 150ml @ beautybay.com

Alico global traces of micro 24k gold Collagen single application face mask 2 pounds on eBay

No comments:

Post a Comment